Khalistanis are usually quick to tell us that the Guru Sahibaans were actually Sikhs belonging to a different faith other than Hindu Dharm. They have even gone as far as telling us that the Mughals were actually confused when it came to describing the Gurus.
Guru Arjan Devji was the 5th Guru in succession, who became Guru in September 1581 after Guru RamDasji. He was the first of the Gurus to be martyred by the tyrannical Mughals. Guruji's clothing such as : Seli topi(cap normally worn by Hindu saints only ), chola, pyjama, Batva, Dushala, Simrana Mala and the Chandan with which he would do Tilak after taking bath everyday are kept in the historical town of Doaba. The fact that Guruji wore Chandan Tilak proves our Gurus were all Hindus, addressing Hindus of Punjab at the time. Their audience was mainly Hindu as Sikhism was not known at the time. What they preached was indeed Vaishnava Vedanta in its simplest of form to the wider majority who were downtrodden under the Islamic tyranny.
This is what Jahangir writes in his diary the "Tuzuk-i-Jahagiri" ( "Memoirs of Jahangir") about Guruji :
"In Govindwal, which is on the river Biyah (Beas), there was a Hindu named Arjun, in the garments of sainthood and sanctity, so much so that he had captured many of the simple-hearted of the Hindus, and even of the ignorant and foolish followers of Islam, by his ways and manners, and they had loudly sounded the drum of his holiness. They called him Guru, and from all sides stupid people crowded to worship and manifest complete faith in him. For three or four generations (of spiritual successors) they had kept this shop warm. Many times it occurred to me to put a stop to this vain affair or to bring him into the assembly of the people of Islam."
- ‘The execution of the accursed kafir of Goindwal is an important achievement and is the cause of the great defeat of the accursed Hindus.’
- Ahmad clearly indicates how the death of Guruji , who was the spiritual leader of all Hindus would be a great blow to the Hindus of Punjab, who would now have no other option but of defeat & accept Islam.
- In a letter written to Shaikh Farid Bukhari entitled Murtza Khan, the Governor of Punjab, he said:
- ''The execution at this time of the ‘accursed Kafir’ of Goindwall…with whatever motive…is an act of the highest grace for the followers of Islam.''He added : ''the Hindus should be treated as dogs. Jazia should be imposed upon them and cow slaughter should be allowed in the open.''
- These accounts written by the Islamic occupiers of the time clearly indicate 2 things:
- 1. Guruji had successfully united the Hindus of Punjab under his spiritual leadership & due to this the Islamic rulers had become envious & insecure, therefore executing Guruji to destroy the morale of the Hindus;
- 2. He was a Hindu himself who addressed his fellow Hindus of the time through teaching the great spiritual philosophy of Sanatan Dharm which was dear to all the Gurus.
- Neo Sikhs, see if you can prove any of this wrong.